Today, lots of young and talented skilled workers, students, as well as business persons aspire to immigrate to Australia for various reasons. Australia is an ideal country to study and find work in view of its fantastic infrastructure, high employment rate, powerful economy, advanced industries, world class cities, high living standard and world class education system.
The businessmen also see tremendous scope and opportunities in Australia for business and investment. However, not everyone is familiar with the immigration process of Australia. If you are a skilled worker looking to live and work in Australia, find out the stepwise process as to how you can move to Australia.
What is Australia Immigration Procedure?
Australia has got a point based system of immigration. It allows the skilled migrants to come to Australia through a point based visas, i.e. Subclass 189, 190, 489, 457, etc. If you submit an online EOI (Expression of interest) to apply for the above visas, your submitted profile gets points based on your education, age, experience and language etc. factors. You need to score minimum 60 points to get registered in the online system to apply for visa. If your profile is selected, you get an invitation to apply for visa. You need to apply for the visa within 60 days of the receipt of invite.
You need to choose the appropriate visa category to apply based on your profile and preference, i.e.
- Sponsored visas (subclass 190, 489, 457, etc.)
- Non Sponsored visa (i.e. subclass 189 visa)
Stepwise Process for immigration to Australia
Here are the key steps involved in the Australian immigration process:
- Choose an Occupation to apply: First of all, check whether your occupation is listed in SOL (Skilled Occupation List- for non sponsored visas) or CSOL (Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List -for sponsored visas). You must have appropriate experience in the occupation you choose to apply.
- Obtain essential Documents: The English Proficiency Test result (IELTS Test with good score) and Skill Assessment Report (prepared by a relevant assessing Authority) are the two main documents you need to apply online for the desired visa.
- Acquire Sponsorship from Australian Employer or State: If you are applying for a sponsored visa, such as, subclass 190, 457, 489, 186 visas, then you first need to get sponsorship from an Australian employer/state or depending on the visa you are applying.
- Submit EOI: Apply in SkillSelect (online system to process EOIs) and submit EOI (Expression of Interest) mention all your profile details, i.e. age, education, etc.
- Score minimum 60 points: You need to score minimum 60 points to apply in the system for visa, based on your profile factors, i.e. education, work experience, age, language proficiency, state or employer sponsorship/nomination, etc. Higher score will ensure the quick invitation to apply for visa.
- Get invitation to apply: If your profile is rich in terms of scored points, you will get invitation to apply for visa from the concerned authorities.
- Apply for the Visa: Now collect all the essential documents, i.e. educational and experience related documents, health and character certifications, etc. and apply for the visa within 60 days time from the date of application receipt.
Finally, this is the right time to apply for Australian visa in view of new SOL (Skilled Occupation list) and SNOL (State Nominated Occupation List) to be launched in the month of July 2016.
If you seek any help, support, or assistance with regard to any Australian visa category or overall immigration process, you can always get in touch with the Australian immigration expert by sending a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may also call the expert for free enquiry at contact no. +9897886272.