Victoria is a wonderful South Eastern state of Australia. It’s the 2nd largest state in Australia by population. Melbourne is the capital of Victoria and the 2nd largest city overall in Australia. It’s an incredible place to live and work. The city of Melbourne in Victoria ranks high on various international parameters of livable cities. The Regional areas of the state are also well within easy reach, since Victoria is Australia’s smallest mainland state.
Victoria is facing skill shortage
The state of Victoria is facing the skill shortage in view of various reasons, i.e.
- Increasing demand for latest and rare skills in the state
- Number of retiring workers is more than the available replacements
- Not enough Skilled worker are available at the locations where they are needed the most
- New and advanced technologies need new skills
How Skill Shortage is affecting the state?
The skill shortage in is badly affecting the state in terms of productivity, delay in project completion, higher wages, economic growth, huge number of vacancies, pressure on existing workers, limited capability for research and development, etc. Presently, there is considerable shortage state wide for various occupations, such as, Engineering trades, Automotive, construction workers, technical workers, etc. And there are not enough qualified or capable workers available to meet the growing demand for specific competencies.
The Victorian employers are finding it difficult to get the appropriate skilled workers for the open positions. And in a situation where needed skills, expertise and knowledge is not available in the country, skilled immigration is the only thing the local and federal government look up to.
Great Opportunity for foreign skilled workers to Apply for Visa to live and work in Victoria, Australia
In view of ongoing skill shortage in Victoria, the overseas skilled workers have got the great opportunity to prepare their files and apply for the visa in Victoria. The key visa pathways available for the skilled workers are:
- State Nominated Visas
To apply for a state nominated visa, you first need to select an occupation from State nominated occupation list of Australia and apply in online SkillSelect system.
- Skill Nominated Subclass 190 Visa: This visa is a permanent visa that allows you to live and work in Australia for permanent basis. It needs the nomination from an Australian state or territory government agency.
- Skilled Regional Subclass 489 visa: This too is a state nominated visa. However, this is a provisional visa allows you to live and work in Australia up to 4 years.
- Other Visa Options
- Skill Independent Subclass 189 visa: This is non-sponsored visa that allows you to live and work in Australia for indefinite period.
- Subclass 457 visa: This is an employer sponsored visa that allows you to live and work in Australia for up to 4 years.
You may take assistance or help from a reliable immigration consultant to choose the right visa option and apply for the same to move to Victoria in Australia.
How Visas Avenue can Help you apply for visa and Move to Victoria (Australia)?
Visas Avenue is the registered immigration consultancy service for Australia Immigration. The dedicated Visa professionals at Visas Avenue not only help you in applying for visa, but also provide you vital information and assistance with regards to in demand occupations and settlement process in Australia.
You may call the visa experts at Visas Avenue on 011-48447777 (Delhi), 080-46668222 (Bangalore), or 040-42467777 (Hyderabad). Alternatively, you can drop a mail at email@example.com to get answer of your visa and immigration queries.